When considering a vegan cake mix recipe, it is important to be sure that all ingredients are equally healthy and delicious. For novice bakers, the thought of making a cake without using eggs or butter can seem overwhelming, but it does not have to be.
There are many wonderful substitutes to choose from. It may take a bit of practice, but soon you will be able to make many kinds of delicious cakes.vegans are resourceful and inventive people who don’t fancy a lifetime without any cake. So to overcome this problem, they are trying to develop various recipes specifically for vegans.
Vegans, contrary to what a lot of people think, actually like food and enjoy eating just the same as anyone else does. With a little imagination, it is actually perfectly possible to make delicious cakes without using any products of animal origin.
Many bakers simply use replacement egg mixtures instead of eggs. This helps to bind the batter. For certain cake flavors, one might decide to use either bananas or applesauce in place of traditional beaten eggs.
In addition to the previously mentioned substitutes, soy butter and non-dairy milk can also be very useful ingredients for a vegan cake. If you are looking to alter the taste of your cake slightly, salt or vinegar may be just what you need. Always be careful not to overdo it when adding salt or vinegar, too much can cause the cake to become sour tasting.
Another popular substitute for eggs that is often overlooked is tofu. Silken and crumbled tofu will both work to help create fluffiness in the cake. When using fresh tofu, it is best to blend it completely with all of the liquid ingredients of the recipe before adding to the dry ingredients.
When making a cake from scratch, it is important to remember to blend the ingredients well. Typically, we and dry ingredients are blended separately before they are to be mixed. Try to avoid adding more sugar than the recipe calls for. Too much sugar in the recipe can prevent the cake from rising properly, which may lead to a visual disappointment once the cake has finished baking.
In many cakes, even non-vegans will prefer the taste of a vegan cake recipe. With a little bit of love and a little bit of patience, you can be on your way to baking great vegan cakes that your friends and family members will truly love.
For vegans who are not afraid to stray from the traditional cake texture, a flour-less vegan cake recipe can be a delicious treat. These types of cake may resemble cheesecakes more than flour cakes in appearance. For the truly adventurous baker who loves a unique touch, you may want to try adding almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Here is a recipe for a vegan cake mix that you can use.
Vegan vanilla cake
For the Vanilla Cake:
- 220-gram All-Purpose Flour
- 200 gram Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 240 ml non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 80 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
For The Vanilla Frosting:
- 450 gram Powdered Sugar
- 45 gram Vegan Butter
- 4 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add baking soda, sugar, and salt, then stir until blended.
- Add the non-dairy milk, vanilla, oil, and vinegar and give it a quick whisk with a hand whisk until just combined.
- Grease two 7 inch round cake tins with coconut oil (or spray with non-stick spray) and cut parchment paper into circles to fit the bottoms. Divide the batter evenly between them.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and using a toothpick, insert into the center of the cake If the toothpick is lifted clean then your cake is finished. Move to the cooling rack to cool completely.
Prepare your frosting
- Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, vanilla and half of the nondairy milk.
- Beginning on low speed, mix with an electric mixer, slowly increasing speed. Add the remaining non-milk milk until the mixture is smooth and soft. You don’t need to use all non-milk milk if your vegan butter has higher water content.
- If your frosting is still a little thin, add more powdered sugar, if it’s a little thick, add more non-dairy milk (a drop at a time). The consistency must be thick enough that it doesn’t slide off the cake, but thin enough to be spreadable.
- When your cake is completely cool, add frosting to the top of one of the layers. Add the second layer on top and freeze it completely, use the knife carefully to freeze the sides of the cake.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and serve right away. You can remove strawberries or put them on a plate next to the cake if you don’t immediately serve them so the cake isn’t soft.
In addition to the recipes above, you can be creative with other ingredients such as chocolate, coke, sprouts or other vegan ingredients to be made into cakes or cookies.
If you want to make a vegan cake mix that is simple and easy, you can use products with certain brands such as Betty Crocker Vegan Cake that is ready to use. Usually, I will look for it at a cake shop that is near me or you can get it at online stores like at Walmart, Target or Publix.
With the convenience above, you can quickly serve a vegan cake mix to eat with the family.